Self-Employment Benefit Program (SE)
Are you receiving employment insurance? Thinking of starting or acquiring a business or working on your own?
Meet a CDEM professional to understand the skills needed to become an entrepreneur. Have a project in mind! The CDEM business advisor will assess with you whether your business plan is feasible.
The Self-Employment Benefit Program (SE) is managed by Education, Training and Youth Manitoba. CDEM offers this program to all French-speaking entrepreneurs in Manitoba.
This program gives entrepreneurs financial and technical assistance to achieve their dreams. The entrepreneur who qualifies for the SE program will have access to professional assistance for a period of one year in order to :
- Develop a business plan
- Secure funding for the start-up phase of the project
- Training for starting and managing a business
- Start-up as well as follow-up counselling on the business plan
Once a month, CDEM organizes a meeting for the participants in the form of a scaled-down chamber of commerce, which allows them to make contacts and exchange ideas.
To qualify for the Self-Employment Benefit Program you must:
- Be unemployed and receive employment insurance benefits;
- Present a viable business project
- Other criteria may apply